How to run Nukkit on Android [ROOT]

Discussion in 'Nukkit discussions and help' started by fromgate, 24/1/16.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We welcome you on our site. This site is devoted to the Nukkit project and all that is connected with him. Here you can communicate, download plugins, also many other things get acquainted! Register the account right now :3
  1. fromgate

fromgate Administrator

This is a translation of @Doomhawk tutorial. Text on pictures could be Russian, but I hope tutorial will be helpful, anyway

One of the most asking question about Nukkit is "How to run Nukkit on Android?". I thought, why not write a tutorial?
    First, I must say, it's not so easy. Android does not support JDK, or JRE, so we will install Linux :)

We will need:

1. Android 4+ device.
    2. ROOT access to the device
    3. 2Gb on internal storage (not on sd-card).
    4. 1+ Gb RAM
    5. 2 hand to press keys :)
    Let's begin!

1. Download from the GooglePlay these applications:
      1.1. Terminal Emulator
      Download from GooglePlay
    [​IMG]

1.2. Complete Linux Installer
    Download from GooglePlay

[​IMG]

1.3. ZArchiver
    Download from GooglePlay

[​IMG]

1. Run Complete Linux Installer. During first run it will ask ROOT access to install Busybox and some required scripts:
    [​IMG]
    Agree :) After installing (about 15 seconds) you must close CompleteLinuxInstaller.

1. Now you need to download Linux disributive, for example Ubuntu 14.04:
      3.1. Click link and wait until download finished
    2. Run ZArchiver, and create in your SD-card root folder named ubuntu:
    [​IMG]

4.1. Now open your downloads folder.
    4.2. Find file "ubuntu-14.04.CORE.ext4.PREALPHAv1.zip", and click on it. You'll get menu:

[​IMG]

4.3. Click "Extract", open folder "ubuntu", and click on icon:

[​IMG]

4.4. Wait until file extracted.
    4.5. Rename file "ubuntu-14.04.CORE.ext4.img" to "ubuntu.img" and file "ubuntu-14.04.CORE.ext4.img.md5" to "ubuntu.img.md5":

[​IMG]
    Now you can uninstall ZArchiver - we will not need it more

1. Run again Complete Linux Installer, open menu (right swype):
    [​IMG]

5.1. Choose "Run" and select "Ubuntu"

[​IMG]

5.2. Press "Run Linux" and you will see running "Terminal Emulator":

[​IMG]

5.3. During the first start you'll receive some questions. "MD5 file found, use to check .img file?" - answer - "n" (No).
    5.4. On this step I receive error "can't execute '/root/init.sh': Permission denied":

[​IMG]

I'm not sure that everyone will get same error. But here is my solution:
    Run command:
    Code:
    mv /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox.bak
    [​IMG]

Then press "Windows 1" and click the cross. Terminal will be closed, run Complete Linux Installer and click "Run Linux" again.

Yeah! It works!

[​IMG]

5.5. Now you'll be asked to enter password. (Enter new UNIX password). Enter your password.
    Warning! You will not see password (or start or dots) when you typing.
    5.6. Repeat password
    5.7. Say "n" (No) for questions: "Start VNC server?" and "Start SSH server?". And say "y" (Yes) for "Save settings as defaults?"
    5.8. Nice! Linux is installed and you must see "root@localhost!" on your screen

[​IMG]

1. Now you need to install Java 8 and Nukkit. Execute in console this commands:
      Code:
      apt-get update
      apt-get install software-properties-common python-software-properties -y
      add-apt-repository ppa:openjdk-r/ppa -y
      apt-get update
      apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre -y
      wget http://ci.mengcraft.com:8080/job/nukkit/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/nukkit-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
      java -jar nukkit-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    Now you must see that Nukkit is running successfully! :)

[​IMG]

An you can try to login using MCPE :)

[​IMG]

When you going to stop linux you neet type "exit" in console or next time you'll must repeat all these steps again :)

Doomhawk likes this.