Nukkit port bound, but not visible externally.

Discussion in 'Nukkit discussions and help' started by ProjectInfinity, 18/12/15.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We welcome you on our site. This site is devoted to the Nukkit project and all that is connected with him. Here you can communicate, download plugins, also many other things get acquainted! Register the account right now :3
  1. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Resource Staff

Like mentioned, Nukkit seems to be able to bind to the port 19133 just fine. However using a site like canyouseeme to see if the port is open or closed, it reports closed. Switching to PocketMine on the same port makes it switch over to open.

Anyone got similar experiences?

2. fromgate

fromgate Administrator

I have another issue (it could be a problem of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition): when I run nukkit on my PC (for example on port 29132) I can connect to it using my phone and windows 10 tablet, but I can't connect from the same PC.

I hope @Snake1999 could provide us some additional info :)

3. ProjectInfinity

That's an issue with Minecraft Windows 10. You have to run on a another port since MCW10 comes with a built in server running on 19132 and even when running on another port, I need to connect using my external IP for it to work.

4. da123rrell

da123rrell Pioneer

Minecraft:
    da123rrell
    happens to me to. it happens to me on either pocketmine, redstonelamp, and nukkit.

5. ProjectInfinity

This is just because you haven't port forwarded correctly. My issue is specific to Nukkit.

6. da123rrell

da123rrell Pioneer

Minecraft:
    da123rrell
    I have a running and active server soo... I'm sure its portforwarded correctly.

7. Snake1999

Snake1999 Nukkit Team Nukkit Coders Team

That is an issue for mojang's client. Usually it's their client that make it possible or impossible to do something, especially in network.
    I wrote advices on "srv forwarding in mcpe" and "upnp forwarding" for mojang in its website, just hope for the besto_O
    For Nukkit, we did query in it, you can test if this server is online using query :)

8. ProjectInfinity

It does actually work if you connect using your external IP.

impact likes this.
  9. Snake1999

It works external with simply socket connection, but if work internal needed, upnp forwarding should be added in the client. If I'm true, working on server is useless if no client supports. Our team does much on port forwarding and even use a virtual machine, just want to adapt it and test the server in win10 :(
    Just write to mojang and hope for mojang to add ;)

impact likes this.
  10. fromgate

fromgate Administrator

@Snake1999
    Did you create a ticket at bugs.mojang.com?
    If yes, please give us link - will vote for this this ticket

11. Snake1999

12. fromgate

fromgate Administrator

My vote given for this issue :) It think now everyone must vote too :)

13. ProjectInfinity

This is not the issue. This is entirely something else. We're not talking about forwarding here at all. When running PocketMine the port registers as open, when using Nukkit it does not. How can this have anything to do with SRV records forwarding when there are none.

14. Snake1999

For your problem, it's about an undone Nukkit feature called UPnP forwarding(what pocketmine have already done). And yes, we will have that done.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If you want to know the detail for your problem, see this:
    Usually for server opening home, to make server visible to internet, the route might be:
    [Your computer ---Router(UPnP)-]-> Internet -[-> Client]
    [Your computer ---Router(Manual Configurate)-]-> Internet -[-> Client]
    [Your computer -]-> Internet -[-> Client]

but not this:
    [Your computer ---Router-]-XX Internet -[-X Client(Can not find server)]

Notice that something called UPnP make it possible to bind forward automatically, but without it you could only port forward by config your router manually. To bind forward automatically, both routers and softwares should adapt UPnP.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    For SRV Forwarding, it could be:
    [Your computer running many servers =]=> Internet =[=> Client(Many servers)]
    For example, if you add a SRV record to DNS, that make it possible to transfer s35.example.com:19132 to h1.example.com:20991 (port changed).

15. ProjectInfinity

I know how both UPnP and SRV works. SRV is irrelevant to this issue, but UPnP WOULD have been an issue if it wasn't for the fact that the port is exposed using NAT-PMP (equivalent of UPnP). The PocketMine UPnP client is not enabled as witnessed in the pocketmine.yml: "upnp-forwarding: false".

This is an issue with Nukkit itself as the port is specifically opened by a port mapper application I run. I don't need to run a program on the port at all in order to open it.

16. Snake1999

OKAY, I will have our team mentioned to make this UPnP system done :D

17. fromgate

fromgate Administrator

@Snake1999
    @ProjectInfinity

Here is solution that helped me (@Tee7even told me at another topic):

I typed in command line: CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe"

And now I can connect from MCW10E to server created at localhost!